On Saturday, August 7, Lilith Fair - a celebration of women in music - will be performing in Nashville at Bridgestone Arena. The original run of Lilith Fair (from 1997 - 1999) was widely known for its philanthropic commitment, and the return of this fabulous festival is no different.
With the "Choose Your Charity" Facebook Campaign, Magdalene & Thistle Farms is now in the running to receive $1 for each ticket sold to the Nashville show! It's quite an easy process and would love to enlist ALL of our Facebook friends to help with the voting.
In 5 easy steps:
1. Log onto Facebook (and if you're not on Facebook, today's a great day to start!)
2. Become a fan of Lilith Fair by clicking on the "LIKE" button
3. On the Lilith Fair page, click on "Choose Yours"
4. Click on the "Nashville, TN - Aug. 7" button
5. Click on "VOTE" for Magdalene/Thistle Farms (then confirm your vote)
The first round of voting goes until 11:59 PM PST on Monday, May 3, 2010. At that time, the top five charities from each city will move on to a second round of voting and if we make it, we'll be sure to let you know!
If Thistle Farms is picked as the charity of choice, $1 per ticket donated means that there is potentially thousands of dollars to be given to the women that are recovering from lives of abuse, addiction and prostitution. Please consider taking a few moments to vote the next time you're on Facebook.
Thank you for your continued support.... now go vote! :)