Thursday, June 21, 2012

Bug Love


Mosquitoes love me. I don’t know why, but they love me. Ever since I was a little kid, each year by June my skin is covered in mosquito bites.  Bug spray helps, but it smells awful and is rarely all-natural. I know I’m not the only one out there that has this problem, and finally I found a way to fix it: Thistle Farms’ Geranium Spray!


Thistle Farms always says, “Love heals.” This summer Thistle Farms’ love will be protecting my skin from mosquito bites. More bugs are expected this summer due to the mild winter temperatures. Love and protect your skin by using our Thistle Farms’ Geranium Spray and Geranium Shower Gel. Geranium oil has long been regarded as an effective, natural mosquito repellant. We added lemongrass, lavender, and citronella to create a spray with a light, crisp scent. Our shower gel and spray are chemical-free and the perfect solution for a bug-free summer.

Our geranium oil comes from Ikirezi in Rwanda. Ikirezi is a community-interest business that partners with small cooperatives of farmers. Ikirezi primarily works with widows and orphans of the genocide in a holistic effort improve their livelihoods, and rebuild their communities. It’s amazing how many ways we can support others in need while also keeping our bodies bug-bite free.


Another great geranium option is the Summer Survival Kit. It offers both geranium favorites in a bag hand-sewn by the women of Lwala in Kenya.  The kit includes a Geranium Spray, a Geranium Shower Gel, and a Lip Smoothie – an all-natural, healing remedy for sunburned lips. Supporting three women’s enterprises, the Summer Survival Kit makes a great summer birthday gift.

So make your summer better like I have and use our geranium spray! You’ll keep the bugs away and empower women worldwide. The Summer Survival Kit and both geranium products are available online and in our retail stores.

By Anna, Thistle Farms Intern

No comments:

Post a Comment