Friday, August 16, 2013

A Family Tradition


Kathi Whalen is a Thistle Farmer board member and volunteer. Her family recently gathered for a family reunion and Kathi decided that her whole family needed to become Thistle Farmers.



Each year, my family gathers in Lake Junaluska, NC, for a week. We have a number of family traditions we enjoy when we are all together, including taking a family photo (this year, we were short two -- my brother and his son, who had a baseball tournament). For years, my parents had t-shirts made for us all, but more recently we have picked a color scheme and gone with that.  This year, at the grand opening of the Thistle Stop Cafe, I saw the Thistle Farms t-shirts and knew we had to have them for our family photo. Within minutes, I had texted my family members and gathered all the sizes and Penny and Anna pulled the 17 shirts I needed. My family members were delighted to wear them. And we continue to wear them in our communities in Ohio, Florida, North Carolina and Tennessee. My brother-in-law is a minister and has preached at least twice wearing his "Love Heals" shirt.  We are a "blended" family (30+years) and have two grandchildren who were adopted internationally.  We know firsthand that love does indeed heal.  We are thrilled to have shirts that proclaim it (and that promote Thistle Farms at the same time).   

Peace,
Kathi 


You can purchase your very own LOVE HEALS t-shirts at our store (5122 Charlotte Ave.)
 or online: Men's shirts are found HERE and women's shirts are found HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment