Thursday, June 30, 2011

Serendipity

A serendipitous moment by Victoria Banks:

I was checking in at the Nashville airport, and when the lady at the front desk leaned down to put the bag tag on my guitar case, she saw the Thistle Farms sticker on there...and she shouted "THISTLE FARMS!!!! Are you affiliated with them???" I told her I'm a musician and I do what I can to promote the organization, talk about it on the radio, etc....and she almost started crying!! She kept thanking me profusely. And then one of her coworkers came over and told her she'd better hurry up and process my bag because of the long lineup behind me. But she kept thanking me over and over again even when I was walking away. So sweet!!! Not sure if she had a personal history with the organization or not - I would suspect so, with a reaction that powerful. It was a pretty cool moment.


Victoria (pictured above at Thistle Farms with Tammy, Cynthia, Valerie, Victoria's manager - Kate and Tracey) is the Canadian Country Music Awards 2010 Female Artist & Songwriter of the Year. You can also see her support women's freedom by painting her nails purple (using our Sandal Survival Kit) on our Facebook page.

We're so grateful to you for your support, Victoria!


No comments:

Post a Comment